Bridgnorth Cemetery is situated approximately one mile north-east of Bridgnorth Town Centre, on the A442. It is a secluded area that is open daily to the public. Car parks are available throughout the Cemetery.
The Cemetery dates from 1850 and is a beautiful sandstone area which has been designated an area of Special Scientific Interest. Approximately 120 species of wild flowers can be found on this site, and information boards are widely available. There is a strict management plan for the cemetery which has been produced by the Shropshire Wildlife Trust in order to ensure the continuing wildlife presence.
Local Primary School children have planted thousands of spring bulbs, particularly in the newly extended woodland area. Vast areas of crocus bulbs can be seen in the older part of the Cemetery.
Please click the link below for Cemetery Fees 2015/2016.
All enquiries for the Cemetery should be directed during office hours to Lynn Gardner. No work can be completed in Bridgnorth Cemetery without legal paperwork being obtained first.
Bridgnorth Town Council
St Leonard's Close
Telephone: 01746 762231